Marcela Genero Bocco
Short Curriculum vitae
Marcela Genero Bocco (firstname.lastname@example.org),
Alarcos Group (http://alarcos.esi.ucml.es)
Accredited professor in the Department of Technology and Information Systems at the University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain) since 2012.
Some of the research and teaching merits obtained by Marcela Genero Bocco are listed below:
- In January 2002 she graduated as Doctor in Computer Science at the University of Castilla-La Mancha. It is a Computer Engineer by the Universidad Nacional del Sur, Bahia Blanca, Argentina (1989).
- She has numerous publications in international journals: International Journal on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Information Software and Technology, Data and Knowledge Engineering, Journal of Software Maintenance, Journal of Systems and Software, Data and Knowledge Engineering, Software Quality Journal, Empirical software Engineering, Information Sciences, Journal of Database Management, etc.
- She has participated as an editor, together with Mario Calero Coral Piattini, on international editorales such as: "Information and Database Quality" (published by Kluwer) and Software Metrics for Conceptual Models (published by Imperial College Press).
- She has been the author of " Medición y estimación del software: Técnicas y métodos para mejorar la calidad y la productividad”, published by the RA-MA.
- She co-authored the book "Research Methods in Software Engineering", published by the RA-MA.
- She has authored papers presented at various international conferences, such as: SEKE, ER, CAISE, METRICS, Isese, ESEM, UML / MODELS, etc.
- She is a member of the ISERN (International Software Engineering Research Network) and has participated in numerous program committees at international conferences (ESEM, ICEIS, CAISE, METRICS, Isese, RCIS, etc.).
- She actively participates as a reviewer of articles in international journals (Information and Software Technology, Software Engineering Empirical Journal, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, etc.).
- She has organized conferences at national (JENUI 2001, Prole 2011, JBIDI 2011, JENUI 2012, etc.), and international level (ICEIS 2002 EASE 2013).
- She is General Chair of the ESEM is 2016 (10th International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement).
- She has organized the following doctoral symposiums: PROFES 2012, IDOESE 2012.
- She has organized several Workshops related to quality of conceptual models and empirical studies (IWQCM 2002, 2003 (in the ER), EESSMod 2011-2012 (within MODELS)).
- She has taught numerous courses at under graduate and graduate level on Software Engineering based on evidence and research methods at different universities in Spain, Italy, Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, etc.
- She has led and participated in numerous projects related to her main research areas, funded by regional and national calls. Her main research areas are: quality UML models, benefits of modeling in software development, research methods in computer science, measurement software engineering, empirical validation of software technologies, technical analysis and aggregation of empirical data, Big Data quality, quality serious games and gamification, etc.
- She has directed 9 doctoral thesis.
- For details of her publications see: http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/pers/hd/g/Genero:Marcela.html